I figured I would carry forwards T’s great Self Love Tag post from Sunday and do it myself!
Here are the rules:
Answer all of the below questions in a blog post.
Then nominate at least 5 other bloggers.
1. What does Self-love mean to you?
Self love to me means putting yourself before anyone else. It means being able to step back when needed and to do what you need and is best for yourself. It is something that I work on every day, and still have ways to go.
2. What is your favourite way to pamper yourself?
My favourite evenings at home are when I’m listening to my favourite tunes du jour, having some much needed wine and getting into a good book.
3. What are your three favourite hobbies/ pass times that make your soul feel on fire?
Reading, drinking coffee/wine, having great conversations with the ones I love.
4. What movie always puts you in a good mood when you’re not in the greatest mood?
Tori and I are too similar…I’m going to just leave her answer here!!!! Probably The Wedding Date, I’m a sucker for Romantic Comedies.
5. Who do you trust SO MUCH that you would easily believe in anything and everything they said?
My sister. I grew up believing all of the silly things she used to say…and still do! And the legitimate ones too.
6. What quote totally motivates you?
To be honest I don’t really have a favourite quote…but given stress in my life recently, ‘one day at a time’ seems relevant.
7. When was the last time you took yourself on a date? What did you do?
I have a date with myself every Friday night :).
8. What make-up or beauty product makes you feel like a million bucks?
All of my skincare products. Taking care of my skin every morning and night is the best thing that I do for myself and absolutely love it.
9. What is the last thing you did for someone else that made you feel amazing?
I can’t say I remember the last thing exactly that I did for someone else, but I know that just as my friends are there for me on a daily basis, I am there for them. But I absolutely need to be more self aware of these things.
10. Do you feel comfortable with and without make-up on? Why?
Yes. I don’t wear makeup probably 3 days a week. I guess one thing that I was given a break is with my skin. I don’t have perfect skin – but good enough that I don’t mind not wearing make up. I love letting my skin breathe, but don’t take it the wrong way! Make up is one of my biggest loves!
11. What piece of advice would you give a child about to grow up with the pressures of today’s media and its crushing expectations?
Take pride in who you are and what you really want to do with your life, and do all that is possible to get there – because one day all of those people who ever made you second guess anything will be a distant memory and you will be surrounding by like minded, respectful and wonderful individuals.
12. What song puts you in a good mood every time?
I don’t think I could narrow this down to one song – but maybe one day I’ll post my current favourite playlist 🙂
13. What is the best advice someone gave you or you realized about life?
14. Who makes you giggle like a giggle monster?
Again – I think all of my friends. We all have our different abilities to make eachother laugh for different reasons, and it’s wonderful.
15. What is something about society that bugs you that you wish didn’t?
Ignorance of our generation. I get very bothered and upset when I hear that friends or peers of mine couldn’t care less to be aware of what is going on in the world. I disgusts me that we who are so.damn.fortunate are more than happy to live in a ladeeda world and turn a blind eye. Great things, great change doesn’t happen that way. Loving ourselves is important, but it won’t help to change the worlds problems. I want to make a difference with my life, and I think it’s an absolute tragedy that all most young people (especially females) care about is how many calories they burned at the gym today. Open your eyes, be aware of the world – and truly humble yourself in the process.
16. What is one of your favourite things to do on the weekends?
Sleep. Legitimately my favourite thing about the weekends. I don’t have to think about stress from work, nonsense from anything else. I like to sleep in until my body decides to wake up (within reason) and catch up on news, reading…whatever I truly feel like doing that day. Sleep is one of the best things possible, and I attribute my overall attitude, happiness, ability to deal with stress, and even my skin to my sleep. Yep.
17. What is something you’re really proud of that you’ve done?
When I stopped listening to everyone else, and when I stopped bothering reading Perez or other gossip sites. Stopped buying magazines and going on insane Facebook creeps on people who I was ‘jealous’ of. I stopped all of that self-destructive behaviour and I came out on top.
18. What is one of your favourite memories with one of your friends?
All of them.
19. What advice would you give someone who needs a boost in confidence?
Unplug from the world. Start for a little while, turn your cell phone on silent (other than important calls) when you come home from work or school. Don’t log into Facebook for an entire evening. Start small. There are now weeks that I will go without logging in or reading up on gossip. These are the things that will destroy your self confidence bit by bit. Learn to love yourself and love to be alone. I love spending time alone. I love those days or weekends where I won’t even open my laptop, or look at my phone for an entire day. Start trying to be comfortable spending time with yourself, I promise you that the confidence will come quickly.
20. Lastly, how do you plan on investing in self-love?
Putting my goals and aspirations before anyone else. Do they wanna go out to eat at an expensive restaurant? Maybe it isn’t in my budget, so I will allow myself to say no. If I really feel like drinking on a Saturday night because I really, really wanted to be productive and have a great Sunday, then I will allow myself to say no.
I tag YOU, the reader to go and do your version of this tag. Even if you don’t have a blog, answer the questions to yourself or your friends.
Thanks again to my best blogger queen in crime T for writing this amazing post and for letting me be a part of this entire experience with her.