Hey Pretty Lovelies!
I noticed a few posts back when I did The Life in Letters Tag people responded pretty well. So I figured if people like tags, and I like self-love, why not create a self-love tag!
Here are the rules:
Answer all of the below questions in a blog post.
Then nominate at least 5 other bloggers. (Feel free to do more, promoting self-love is awesome, I just didn’t want to create a huge daunting number)
Contact those bloggers and you are good to go!
1. What does Self-love mean to you?
For me it means investing in a relationship with yourself. Treating yourself like you would treat the love of your life, because in my opinion, YOU should be the love of your life.
2. What is your favourite way to pamper yourself?
I like lighting yummy smelling candles and soaking in the bath! That or getting my nails done ALWAYS feels great… there is just something about that classic cliche.
3. What are your three favourite hobbies/ pass times that make your soul feel on fire?
Having something I call Deep and Meaningful conversations. I LOVE having those talks that just make me feel like my soul is swelling up! Acting, I’ve always loved it and always will… must have come from my massive imaginations as a child and always wanting to play pretend. Writing totally feeds me soul, whether I’m writing here on Pretty Lovely Girls or writing a fictional story, I love it.
4. What movie always puts you in a good mood when you’re not in the greatest mood?
Probably The Wedding Date, I’m a sucker for Romantic Comedies.
5. Who do you trust SO MUCH that you would easily believe in anything and everything they said?
Hands down my brother Dax. He is seriously a huge part of who I am today because he taught me to be open minded and kind and to explore my inner workings.
6. What quote totally motivates you?
This John Lennon quote, for sure! It made me realize that sometimes other people wont understand your desire to just be happy and kind. And that is ok, it doesn’t mean you have to stop wanting to be happy and kind — especially to yourself.
7. When was the last time you took yourself on a date? What did you do?
I’ll say shopping… just me, the mall and my Starbucks Vanilla Chai Latte. Yes please! That was maybe two weeks ago.
8. What make-up or beauty product makes you feel like a million bucks?
My nighttime skincare routine ALWAYS makes me feel so lovely in the evening. I actually look forward to it all day. I am SUPER excited to do a post on it.
9. What is the last thing you did for someone else that made you feel amazing?
Probably getting all of Josh’s (my boyfriend) birthday gifts and showering him with multiple presents haha. But the best one was getting one of the only photos he has of him, his mom and his dad enlarged and framed.
10. Do you feel comfortable with and without make-up on? Why?
Honestly, it depends on the day. Sometimes I feel so flawless without make-up and other days I’m like… yikes, cover THAT up. I’d say I mostly wear make-up because its fun but there are totally days when I’m worried about what other think of how I look, which is definitely something I’m working on. I think I actually feel like I look the best at the end of the day after my night time skincare routine!
11. What piece of advice would you give a child about to grow up with the pressures of today’s media and its crushing expectations?
Its so hard to pick one thing. I think teaching kids to be confident in who they are no matter how they look, etc is so important. And I think it starts with US feeling confident and showing them that.
12. What song puts you in a good mood every time?
Love is On The Radio by McFly FOR SURE. It’s just so feel good.
13. What is the best advice someone gave you or you realized about life?
At the end of the day, no matter what happens, you are NEVER alone. You ALWAYS have yourself. Seriously the one person you will always have is you, so why not invest in yourself so your life partner (again YOU) feels happy and fulfilled?
14. Who makes you giggle like a giggle monster?
Without a doubt one of my best friends Ally. She can literally say ONE WORD and I’m on the ground laughing my butt off. We have this weird affect on each other. Sometimes we don’t even say a word and suddenly we are both stuck in a fit of giggles. Man, its the best feeling in the world.
15. What is something about society that bugs you that you wish didn’t?
For me, I think gender roles and stereotypes. Miss Representation, the documentary really gets my blood boiling because it hurts me to see how much woman suffer in todays society. But also how boys and men suffer. I can’t wait to see The Mask You Live In. Gender roles and stereotypes seriously have to be changed, it has to be opened up and expanded and redefined for sure. So that girls can feel comfortable being leaders and dressing how they like and so boys can feel comfortable being emotional the expressive.
16. What is one of your favourite things to do on the weekends?
Definitely waking up to a fresh cup of tea and sitting at my lap top catching up on Beauty Blogger stuff and relaxing.
17. What is something you’re really proud of that you’ve done?
Probably putting my foot down and saying, its my life, I’ll do what I want, even if that means people will grill me for leaving school without graduating. If I know it wont fulfill me, I’ll change it. I’m proud of the courage I have to change things.
18. What is one of your favourite memories with one of your friends?
With Ally, dancing like an idiot around my room around this time last year with a feather boa to Carly Rae Jepsen, up that happened.
19. What advice would you give someone who needs a boost in confidence?
Don’t try to gain confidence for others, gain it for yourself. Basically work on you, what makes you happy? What makes you feel alive and proud? The more you invest in that, the more happy you feel, the more that will shine out and to me thats confidence.
20. Lastly, how do you plan on investing in self-love?
I want to really listen to myself and be aware of my needs and spend my time doing things that make me genuinely happy and surround myself with people who are happy and supportive.
And there it is — The Self-Love Tag! I hope you enjoyed it!
I tag ANYONE and EVERYONE that wants to take part, comment with a link to your post.
I also tag the following wonderful blogs!
Kayla from Microscope Beauty & Microscope Life
Hollie from Good Golly Miss Hollie
Ellis from Ellis Tuesday
Alexandra from Cats and Vodka
Kirstie from A Yellow Brick Blog
Charlotte from Charlotte Rose